Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Zombies and ballerinas. Not kidding.

Last night... zombie night. Is this what happens in my new apartment? Movement-wise. Fear not - there were no zombies in apartment. And... welcome to my new place!

For the first clip, I did this while I was standing on an outdoor subway platform on a windy day trying to lean into the wind. Just imagine a forest of people doing this while a single body moves through them, haphazardly (of course), perhaps knocking over bodies, moving like the second video. Since I'm an indecisive person, I was just going with that instinct (or non-instinct, as it were). So the questioning of where to move my body is built into the movement. Something that occurred to me - you can "show" the audience that you're thinking by speaking, easily! "Hey you in the front row with the argyle socks!" So how can you show that you're actively thinking by moving?

Just goes with my general line of thinking lately (thanks, Sam) - how can I be more "present" in performance? To create something that is not only pertinent to "the times" but to the very moment where I inhale part of the air that you just breathed out.

Below: 1. Zombie in the wind/could be zombie forest. 2. Zombie in my kitchen/zombie navigating zombie forest. 3. Watch my newest solo! I think it's the costume's farewell performance... Gorey Prelude. Makes me want to create a group of "preludes" with no, um, entree?

1. Zombie in the wind.

2. Zombie in my kitchen! aaa! I mean, indecisive zombie...

3. Gorey Prelude:

No comments:

Post a Comment